Introducing Bay Area, Stinson Beach's Private & Personal Chef, KT’s Kitchen
Serving a Locally Grown, Organic, Franco-California Cuisine
KT’s Kitchen is a specialty private chef and green catering company based in Stinson Beach by San Francisco, CA, focused on local, organic food. I'm a real French Chef who blends a bit of California into my food. I'm the perfect partner to help you create a delicious and delightful dining experience. Let me cater to your needs. I believe that food can be therapeutic, especially when it comes from local, organic vegetables, dairies, meats and fish and other seafood here in Marin County.
Having lived in West Marin for over 14 years -- and prepared and served food at a host of community events for environmental, spiritual and community causes -- I know many of the farmers that grow some of the most tasty and healthy food in the world. Folks like Mark Pasternak at Devils’ Gulch Ranch in Nicasio Valley, and Susan Martinelli and Warren Weber in Bolinas, and many more stewards of the land. And that's why I am a past supporter of Marin Organic.
Whether you are planning a wedding or a reception, a special dinner party, a birthday, or another special event, KT’s Kitchen offers you a complete party experience – a moveable feast - including coordinating all food service and event necessities, tailored to your distinct desires, budget and special diet needs.
KT’s Kitchen offers you aculinary experience that will make your special event stand out from the rest. KT’s Kitchen pulls together a menu and service plan matching up your wishes with her deep experience to create memorable events with outstanding food and service. We use local and seasonal organic ingredients whenever possible and which truly represent the finest the Bay Area has to offer. Please contact us to schedule a personalized tasting ASAP!
H: (415) 868-0452 | C: (415) 847-0115
Stinson Beach, CA
Reviews of KT's Kitchen Personal Chef Services
Who I Am, Where I Come From...
Coming from France has shaped my view of the world, where going to the Farmer’s Market is a ritual to be experienced not once, but twice and often three times a week. At my mother’s house, meals would become special times of gathering and sharing everyday. There is the buying of the local, organic food, the preparing of the food, the presentation of the food, and then, the eating, conversation and finally, the clean-up.
Food becomes a spiritual exercise, and something much more than just the next meal.
I call my food “Franco-Californian” as it merges the best of both Old and New World thinking. My food preparation is influenced by Normandy on the north Atlantic coast and the south of France, where the Mediterranean Sea took me under its spell. My mother and grandmother have taught me how to modernize traditional French recipes for daily meals, both simple and grand. Healthy, fat- and carb- conscious continental cuisine paired with California accents create an out-of-the ordinary meal.
But I also love to experiment, and in true California fashion, seek to develop a fusion of cultures in my food with its tastes, smells and presentations.
I offer a special service for those wanting to eat strictly locally grown and organic food. But I’m flexible. I and can do both very high-end service offerings or tailor my service to your unique needs and budget. (I especially like to work with children and seniors…)
I pride myself in always pleasing my clients, whether I am a private cook serving in San Francisco or serving low-cost healthy meals based on food donations at a fundraiser for KWMR, West Marin Community Radio.
And while my name is Catherine, people – including my parents – call me KT. I spell it Kati, but people always think it is a typo. That’s why I now sign all correspondence simply with the two initials: KT.
KT's Kitchen and West Marin Green Cuisine Services
Private & Personal Chef Services that Include Event Party Planning and Co-ordination in the Bay area and Marin County
"...To Eat is Necessity; To Eat Well is an Art!"
Special events need impeccable coordination. We provide all the services you need for a memorable event. From menus, rental coordination, florists, bartenders, maître d’hotel to wait staff, we’ve got you covered. We offer substitutions for special diets, as well as kosher, vegan, and vegetarian cuisine. Hosting a special event has many challenges. We can meet any budget (and every need) to make your event a supreme success.
KT's Kitchen excels in Private & Personal Chef services that includes party planning and coordination, whether you are having a wedding, a reception, a birthday, anniversary, christening, communion, baby or bachelorette party. We often also provide service to yoga retreats, corporate events or simple celebrations of life.
We offer a complete party experience - including coordinating all food service and rentals - tailored to your distinct desires and needs. Here is a partial list of what we offer:
- Private cook (including, shopping, set-up, serving and clean-up services)
- Lunch & Dinner Parties for your Home or Office
- Weddings (I offer a full-service package, including West Marin site location and music entertainment) and Wakes (I love both kinds of celebrations!)
- On-Site Meal Preparation & Demonstrations (even in the most remote places)
- Seasonal Meal Planning & Preparation for Your Best Health
- Special Diet Meals & Menu Development
- Aperitif Tastings & Food Pairings (I’d be happy to pair my food with excellent wines from France, California – and even Marin County!)
- Special Event Planning and Catering (including Delivery, Staffing, Rentals and Florals services)
- Classes in Cooking (and French!) Why not learn how to make the perfect crepe?
- Through my affiliation with Pathfinder Communications, I can also help you plan an ecologically sound community event featuring tasty organic food, music, potential speakers and tips on how to lessen your environmental footprint. Let’s try to protect the earth while we savor its largesse.
Private, Personal Chef Parameters by KT’s Kitchen
KT's Kitchen offers flexible payment options and will help you plan your menu within your budget. Here are some basic rules of thumb prices, per person for selected meals and food services:
Continental Breakfast: $10
Luncheon/Brunch: $12 to $15 (Iced tea and lemonade included)
KT's Buffet and Sit Down Dinners: $28 (starting price, depending on selection):
- 2 Passed appetizers or cheese display with fresh fruit, nuts
- Salad or Soup
- Main Course
- Starch (potato, rice, pasta), 1 seasonal vegetable
- Breads, butter or olive oils
- Dessert: (may be included)
Dinner menu for children under 10 years old: half price
15% delivery charge on all total cost of food and beverages dropped off
(Delivery fees waived for Stinson Beach and sister cities Bolinas and Muir Beach)
15% of total estimate deposited one week before the event to hold the date once the client has approved the menu, number of guests and price quote. Deposit is non-refundable if the event is canceled 48 hours before the date. For weddings of 50 or more people: a 25% deposit of total estimate 3 months before the event date, fully refundable up until one month prior to the wedding date (Please note, the same 25% deposit will not be refundable if the event is canceled 1 week prior to the event)
Unless otherwise negotiated, a $25 fee per couple will be required for first tasting; subsequent tastings will be at full price.
15% of the total bill
Wait Staff Costs (when my menu is served)
Sous Chef (if necessary): $35 per hour
Maitre d' Hotel: $30 per hour
Servers: $25 per hour
Bartender: $30 per hour
Kitchen staff: $22 per hour
(Note: KT's kitchen is not an event staffing agency)
For parties over 30 clients, a 4 hour minimum shift is required. Gratuity of 15% is suggested.
Free Equipment Offer
KT's Kitchen offers platters, utensils, chafers, and other buffet related items for up to 80 people at No Charge as appreciation for your business.
No gluten, no dairy, no fat, no meat, no problem! Menu substitutions for special diets are KT's Kitchen speciality as are kosher, vegan, and vegetarian cuisine.
Private, Personal Chef Services Recently Provided by KT’s Kitchen
- Stinson Beach, Muir Beach, Muir Woods, Bolinas, San Geronimo Valley, Point Reyes Station, San Rafael, Mill Valley and Novato Community Centers: Weddings, wakes, political fundraisers and other special events between 2006 and 2015, including events listed below.
- Stinson Beach Annual Historical Society Dinner, December 2010-2014: Managed Food Service for more than 150 people at the Stinson Beach Community Center.
- Inverness Garden Club, December 2012-2014: Annual Holiday Lunch at the Inverness Yacht Club.
- Audubon Canyon Ranch: Served an organic, vegetarian menu for two board events in 2011 and 2012.
- The Blackthorne: Organic, special diet dinner for a yoga retreat in Inverness.
- Muir Beach Quilters Fair, December 2010, 2009 and 2008: Served over 300 art lovers over two days with a menu of French-inspired organic treats.
- Las Bolinas Nursery, October 2010-2012: "High Tea" Fundraiser for 100 people.
- Marin Democratic Party Annual Fundraiser, September 2010: Served over 300 people at the San Rafael Community Center.
- Farmer’s Market at Toby’s Feed Barn: 2007-2013, Crepe making demonstrations and salad making and cooking tips at this highly popular farmer’s market.
- Marin Eco-Fair Fundraiser, July 2010: Appetizers for 50 environmental activists & local elected officials.
- Marin County Fair, July 2010: Crepe-making Demonstration & Tasting.
- Wake for Human Potential Pioneer George Leonard, July 2010: Organized food service for 400 people at the Mill Valley Community Center.
- Regenerative Design Institute, May 2010: Complete full meal service (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for weekend yoga/sustainability retreat at the Clem Miller Environmental Center, Point Reyes Station.
- Art Nite Out: Gourmet Food Service for five different art opening events at Claudia Chapline Gallery, Stinson Beach between 2010 and 2012.
- KWMR Art Auction, May 2010: Appetizers for opening and closing of event at Toby's Feed Barn, Point Reyes Station.
- Day On The Green, May 2004-2012: I served savory and dessert crepes, and other French finger food, at this annual Stinson Beach showcase of local food.
- Devil's Gulch Ranch, 2005-2009: Helped cater numerous events in Nicasio including a Marin County wine tasting fundraisers at Druid's Hall in Nicasio., food for Commonwealth Club farm tour and camp meals for kids.
- Green Note Festival, August 2008: Served a family-style West Marin Green Cuisine menu at at the San Geronimo Valley Community Center.
- Coastal Works Gallery, June 2008: Catered a fennel salmon lunch to more than a dozen local celebs in Bolinas while listening to Gene Ptak do a dramatic reading.
- Spirit Rock Meditation Center, April 2008: Catered a vegetarian retreat for the cooks.
- Marin Organic/Green Gulch Zen Center, March 2008: Served frittata and crepes made with local organic food at Toby’s Feed Barn in Point Reyes Station.
- Center for Resource Solutions Annual Holiday Party, December 2007: Served appetizers and buffet for over 30 leading renewable energy experts in the Presidio, San Francisco.
- Marin Conservation League Board Annual Retreat, September 2008 and May 2007: Served organic crepe and salad lunch on-site at Point Reyes National Seashore headquarters.
- KWMR Open Mike Fundraiser, January 2007 and July 2005: Served meals made from locally donated organic food to over 200 people.
- Alpine Lodge, July 2006; Catered both an 80th Birthday Party for 130 people and a Funeral Wake Celebration for 80 people.
- Novato Chamber of Commerce/Marin Coaching Alliance, June 2006, Mixer held at the Hamilton Air Force Base Community Center.
- Stinson Solar Sunday, February 2006: Served 200 people lunch at an event that received local radio and TV coverage and which helped raise funds for solar systems for community centers in Stinson Beach, Bolinas and Point Reyes Station.
- The Solar Circle, February 2006: Special sit-down gourmet meal in Sonoma for 40 national solar experts.
- Sustainability Symposium, June, 2004: I served a menu featuring organic, vegan and special diet dishes for over 300 people.